About the Skills Centre
Skills development is a key area for economic growth and poverty alleviation in South Africa.
Flowing from their longstanding involvement and commitment to support individuals and communities in rural areas, Graham & Rhona Beck launched a training centre, registered as a Section 21 Company, in the Robertson area in 2008.
This centre acts as a catalyst for change, facilitating employability and sustainable growth, by means of community transformation and skills development in the Cape Winelands area.
The core priorities of the Skills Centre are to:
- Provide quality infrastructure for education and skills training to all economic sectors.
- Facilitate scarce and critical training programmes (tasks include needs establishment, identification of service providers, planning, matching, and quality assurance of accredited service providers).
- Utilise all possible funding opportunities to provide cost effective programme to the community.
- Ensure that activities lead to growth and development of human resources in the geographic area.
Services delivered are:
- The facilitation of training programmes by accredited service providers
- The analysing and addressing of training needs specific to the area
- The renting out of Conferencing facilities
The Centre ensures the development needs of the area are met through:
- An holistic approach towards the development of a person
- The delivering of training services based on factual needs
- Using the best, preferably accredited, service providers;
- Creating solid partnerships with suppliers, collaborators, sponsors and clients;
- Ensuring dynamic, effective, flexible, responsive, and transparent management;
- Obtaining the buy-in of most important stakeholders;
- Building a solid reputation known for delivery, and sound values and ethics;
- Ensuring visible and measurable success resulting in a ripple effect throughout the community.
The Skills Centre’s strategy is depicted into the following 3 areas:
(i) Project Manage Special Needs
The main focus of this area is to project manage and pilot new developmental programmes to address needs in education, community development and sector specific and/or geographical related needs.
(ii) Skills delivery & Seminars
The main focus here is to establish strategic partnerships with various role players and stakeholders in order to ensure the delivery of skills in line with industry scarce and critical skills needs.
(iii) Conferences & Events
The main focus of this pillar is to ensure income generated activities in order to rent a world class facility to its full capacity.
PATRONS OF THE SKILLS CENTRE
The Graham & Rhona Beck Skills Centre is also registered as a PBO that is approved to issue S18A tax certificates to Donors and is proud to invite YOU to partner with us.
For further information and opportunities to become a patron, please contact Magda Vorster/ Myra Hoffman at +27 (0)23 626 1833 or visit our website at www.skillscentre.co.za.